The Free File Renaming Utility for Windows.
Rename multiple files with the click of a button.
Easy Renamer is a freeware which lets you change file names in only 3 clicks. You just have to select your files in a list, enter the name, choose the new file extension and that's all. Bulk Rename Utility is an easy to use file rename program (a.k.a. Renaming multiple files and/or multiple folders has never been easier! It has a small memory footprint so it can be left running all the time without consuming all your memory. It started as a freeware Visual Basic tool, but as its popularity has grown it has been completely rewritten in C to be. ReNamer is a very powerful and flexible file renaming tool, which offers all the standard renaming procedures, including prefixes, suffixes, replacements, case changes, as well as removing contents. Right-click the file and choose Rename. Delete the part of the file name after.save. Example: Slot000000012.save.ver4 should now be Slot000000012.save; Launch The Sims 4 and choose Load Game. Select the save point you want to open, and the game will load the file you renamed as the primary for that save point. Bulk Image Resizing Made Easy 2.0 BIRME - Bulk Image Resizing Made Easy 2.0. BIRME is a flexible and easy to use bulk image resizer. It can resize your images to any specific dimension and crop them proportionately if necessary. It's an online tool and you don't need to download or install on your computer. BIRME is absolutely free to use.
Easy Rename Tool
Bulk Rename Utility: file renaming software for Windows. Bulk Rename Utility is free of charge for personal, private use, at home. To use Bulk Rename Utility within a business entity, company or for commercial purposes, a commercial license is required.
Bulk Rename Utility allows you to easily rename files and entire folders based upon extremely flexible criteria.
Add date/time stamps, replace numbers, insert text, convert case, add auto-numbers, process folders and sub-folders....plus a whole lot more!
- Rename multiple files quickly, according to many flexible criteria. Learn More
- Rename files in many ways: add, replace, insert text into file names. Convert case, add numbers. Remove or change file extensions.
- Check the detailed preview before renaming.
- Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. 'Date Picture Taken', 'Resolution' and other information embedded in all JPG photo files) Rename your holiday pictures from a meaningless dsc1790.jpg to NewYork1.jpg in a flash.
- Rename MP3 files using ID3 tags (a.k.a. MP3 ID3 tag renaming).
- Rename files using Windows File Properties (e.g. media video length, width, height, rate, publisher, etc).
- Change files' creation and modification time stamps.
- Easy to Install. Download and start renaming your files now!
Bulk Rename Utility is an easy to use file rename program (a.k.a. file renamer). Renaming multiple files and/or multiple folders has never been easier! It has a small memory footprint so it can be left running all the time without consuming all your memory. It started as a freeware Visual Basic tool, but as its popularity has grown it has been completely rewritten in C++ to be robust and lightweight - and very, very fast! It can easily handle folders/discs containing well over 100,000 entries... and it can batch rename 1,000s of files in seconds.
The software gets downloaded very frequently. It has a large base of regular users and an active User's Forum. Most of the features have originated from users' suggestions. As such, it is continually being enhanced and improved.
As well as being 'recommended' by a number of web sites, Bulk Rename Utility has also appeared on many magazine cover-discs, from Brazil to Sweden.
Bulk Rename Utility is compatible with all versions of Windows, e.g. Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000.
If you have a suggestion for a new feature, get in touch and it could appear in a future release of the software!
Easy Rename Photo Files
- Rename files, folders or both.
- Remove, add or change text in the file names.
- Perform text substitution.
- Change the case of file names.
- Remove characters or words.
- Remove digits or symbols.
- Append or prepend text to file names.
- Append the parent folder's name to a file name.
- Append dates to file names in many formats.
- Add text from the clipboard to multiple file names.
- Auto-number files with very flexible rules.
- Preview the new names before renaming.
- Sort the file details by any column.
- Save your renaming criteria into favorites.
- 32-bit and 64-bit application.
- Portable / no-install version.
- Add 'Bulk Rename Here' to the Windows Explorer for quick access (optional).
- Directory recursion - process files/folders in all sub-directories too.
- Use Regular Expressions to rename files / folders.
- Rename files from an input text-file list (CSV).
- Create an Undo batch file.
- Log all renaming activity to a log file.
- Change file and folder date/timestamps (created, modified, accessed).
- Change file/folder attributes (hidden, read-only, archived).
- Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. 'Date Picture Taken', 'Resolution' and other information embedded in all JPG photo files).
- Rename MP3 files using ID3 tags (a.k.a. MP3 ID3 tag renaming).
- Rename files using Windows File Properties (e.g. length, width, height, rate, publisher, title, etc). More than a hundred attributes for different file types.
I've been trying to rename several thousand JPEG files so they will display in the order I want. Found BRU. FANTASTIC. I'm still learning the control panel but BRU has already solved my immediate problem and it is now permanently on my taskbar. GREAT UTILITY.
Other Software to Try
Try also ViceVersa PRO, easy to use file copy software (a.k.a. file synchronizer / backup).
With ViceVersa PRO you can copy efficiently multiple files between folders, disks, computers. Copy thousands of digital photos, documents and files that you need to backup or mirror to an external media (e.g. USB Drive, NAS), another hard-disk, or another computer (desktop, server, workstations over LAN, VPN).
The copy can be performed on-demand (i.e. as requested by the user), scheduled (e.g. every X hours or at an established time during the day), event-driven (e.g. when connected to the network or when a USB drive is inserted) or even in real-time (i.e. as soon as changes to files are detected). Learn more about real-time functionality
ViceVersa PRO will automatically only copy files that are new or have changed since the last time it run: so you can have an always up-to-date, exact replica of all your important files, file by file and folder by folder. It couldn't be easier!
Are you looking for a simple way to backup your files to Amazon S3? Try S3Express S3 Command Line Utility for Windows. Easily upload, query, backup files and folders to Amazon S3 storage, based upon multiple flexible criteria. Quickly upload only new or changed file using multipart uploads and concurrent threads. Create custom batch scripts, list Amazon S3 files or entire folders, filter them with conditions, query, change object metadata and ACLs and much more. Free 21-day trial available.
Next, you have to choose between the Files and Folders subtabs. If you’re going for the files option, you have to choose between Files (if you want to rename a few files that are located inside a folder), or All Files from a Folder (if you want to rename all the files in a folder) options. Now click the Add Files button, navigate to and open up the concerning folder and then double click the files to add them. If you want to add a large number of files that are situated in quick succession, select multiple files at once by dragging the mouse pointer and then click the Open button.
If you want to get all the files renamed inside a folder, select the All Files from a Folder radio box. Now click the Add Files button and simply click the folder and click OK. You can’t add multiple folders in one go, so you will have to repeat this process all over if you want to rename all the files from multiple folders.
Remember you can even use Easy File Renamer to rename folders. If this is what you want, click the Folders subtab and then click on the Add Folders button. Navigate to the target folders from the folder tree on the left, click them to add them to the Selected Folders pane. Click the Add Folder once you’re done.
And from here onwards the entire procedure stays the exact same whether you want to rename certain/ all files within a folder or if you want to rename folders. So let’s check the 10 different renaming rules on offer. Locate the Select Rule dropdown menu on the extreme left and click it to view all the renaming rules.