IceCat may refer to:
- IceCat may refer to:. Open ICEcat, an Open Content project in which a worldwide open catalogue is created for product information; Mohawk Valley IceCats, an NEHL team based in Utica, New York; Norfolk IceCats, an NEHL team based in Simcoe, ON; Worcester IceCats, an ice hockey team in the American Hockey League who played in Worcester, Massachusetts; The club hockey team of the Arizona Wildcats.
- Free addons for IceCat Warning: this page has been deprecated in favor of two pages in the Free Software Directory: GNU IceCat's own entry and the IceCat extensions project page. If you are looking for free GNU IceCat addons, please visit those pages.
Contribute to muslayev/icecat-win64 development by creating an account on GitHub. GNU IceCat is the GNU version of the Firefox browser. GNU IceCat discontinued official IceCatMobile support after version 38.6.0. Unofficial IceCatMobile releases can be downloaded with the F-Droid client. GNU IceCat (originally GNU IceWeasel) is part of GNUzilla (the GNU version of the Mozilla Application.
- Open ICEcat, an Open Content project in which a worldwide open catalogue is created for product information
- Mohawk Valley IceCats, an NEHL team based in Utica, New York
- Norfolk IceCats, an NEHL team based in Simcoe, ON
- Worcester IceCats, an ice hockey team in the American Hockey League who played in Worcester, Massachusetts
- The club hockey team of the Arizona Wildcats
- GNU IceCat, a web browser formerly known as GNU IceWeasel, based on Mozilla Firefox
- IceCat is the brand name of an electric Ice resurfacer machine manufactured by UKKO in Finland
- Icecat is the EU community trademark of the publisher involved in Open ICEcat
Package Details: icecat 78.10.0-2
- View PKGBUILD / View Changes
|Git Clone URL:||https://aur.archlinux.org/icecat.git (read-only, click to copy)|
|Description:||GNU version of the Firefox browser.|
|Licenses:||GPL, MPL, LGPL|
|Maintainer:||figue (figuepluto, jfigueras)|
|First Submitted:||2007-12-09 10:12|
|Last Updated:||2021-04-21 14:45|
- ffmpeg(ffmpeg-semifull-git, ffmpeg-tmblock-git, ffmpeg4.0, ffmpeg-cuda, ffmpeg-v4l2-request-git, ffmpeg-svt, ffmpeg-gl-transition, ffmpeg-intel-full-git, ffmpeg-mmal, ffmpeg-svt-av1-git, ffmpeg-nox-git, ffmpeg-svt-vp9-git, ffmpeg-headless, ffmpeg-ndi, ffmpeg-decklink, ffmpeg-git, ffmpeg-libfdk_aac, ffmpeg-nocuda, ffmpeg-amd-full-git, ffmpeg-full, ffmpeg-amd-full, ffmpeg-full-git)
- gtk3(gtk3-cosy, gtk3-adwaita-3-32-git, gtk3-git, gtk3-ubuntu, gtk3-no_deadkeys_underline, gtk3-classic, gtk3-patched-filechooser-icon-view, gtk3-typeahead)
- libpulse(libpulse-bluedio, pulseaudio-pali, libpulse-airplay, libpulse-hsphfpd, pulseaudio-dummy, libpulse-nosystemd-git, libpulse-nosystemd-minimal-git, libpulse-nosystemd, pulseaudio-git)
- mime-types (mailcap-mime-types, mailcap)
- ttf-font (neuropol-ttf, ttf-droid-emojiless, ttf-noto-fonts-ib, pixeled-ttf, ttf-win7-fonts, ttf-ms-win8, ttf-ms-win8-arabic, ttf-ms-win8-hebrew, ttf-ms-win8-sea, ttf-ms-win8-indic, ttf-ms-win8-japanese, ttf-ms-win8-korean, ttf-ms-win8-zh_cn, ttf-ms-win8-zh_tw, ttf-ms-win8-thai, ttf-ms-win8-other, ttf-noto-fonts-simple, ttf-droid-simple, ttf-kids, ttf-gabriola, ttf-win10, ttf-liberation-sans-narrow, ttf-cavafy-script, ttf-ms-fonts, ttf-dejavu-ib, ttf-droid-ib, ttf-zelda, ttf-oxygen, ttf-oxygen-gf, ttf-share-gf, ttf-gost, nerd-fonts-dejavu-complete, otf-inconsolata-dz, ttf-paratype, ttf-d2coding, ttf-dejavu-emojiless, ttf-tr2n, noto-fonts-lite, ttf-ms-win10, ttf-ms-win10-japanese, ttf-ms-win10-korean, ttf-ms-win10-sea, ttf-ms-win10-thai, ttf-ms-win10-zh_cn, ttf-ms-win10-zh_tw, ttf-ms-win10-other, ttf-ibm-plex-mono-git, ttf-agave, ttf-ms-win10-auto, gnu-free-fonts, noto-fonts, ttf-bitstream-vera, ttf-croscore, ttf-dejavu, ttf-droid, ttf-ibm-plex, ttf-liberation)
- clang(clang-pypy-stm, clang39, clang38, llvm-tce, clang8, llvm-toolchain-nightly-bin, llvm-minimal-git, llvm-git, clang-rc, clang-stable)(make)
- diffutils(diffutils-git, diffutils-patched-exclude-directory-git)(make)
- gtk2(gtk2-patched-gdkwin-nullcheck, gtk2-ubuntu, gtk2-git, gtk2-minimal-git, gtk2-patched-filechooser-icon-view)(make)
- inetutils(inetutils-hostname, gettext-hostname, inetutils-git)(make)
- jack(jack-git, jack-stub, jack-dbus, jack2-git, jack2)(make)
- lld(llvm-toolchain-nightly-bin, llvm-git, lld-rc, lld-stable)(make)
- llvm(llvm-pypy-stm, llvm39, llvm-asserts, llvm38, llvm-tce, llvm11, llvm11-libs, llvm11-ocaml, llvm8, llvm-toolchain-nightly-bin, llvm-minimal-git, llvm-rc, llvm-stable)(make)
- mercurial(mercurial-hg, mercurial-stable-hg)(make)
- mesa(mesa-noglvnd, mesa-rc, mesa-stable, mesa-git, mesa-minimal-git, mesa-minimal+-git)(make)
- nodejs(nodejs6-bin, nodejs-ipv6, nodejs-git, nodejs-nightly, nodejs-lts-dubnium, nodejs-lts-erbium, nodejs-lts-fermium)(make)
- rust(rust-i586-git, rust-git, rust-mrustc, rustup-git, rust-nightly, rust-nightly-bin, rust-wasm, rust-bin, rustup)(make)
- unzip(unzip-natspec, unzip-iconv)(make)
- xorg-server-xvfb(xorg-server1.12-xvfb, xorg-server-xvfb-notty, xorg-server-xvfb-sd_notify, xorg-server-xvfb-git, xorg-server-xvfb-noudev, xorg-server-xvfb-dev, xorg-server1.19-xvfb-git)(make)
- hunspell-en_US(optional) – Spell checking, American English
- libnotify(libnotify-gtk2, libnotify-id-git, libnotify-id)(optional) – Notification integration
- networkmanager(networkmanager-secure, networkmanager-noscan, networkmanager-git, networkmanager-iwd, networkmanager-consolekit)(optional) – Location detection via available WiFi networks
- pulseaudio(pulseaudio-bluedio, pulseaudio-pali, pulseaudio-airplay, pulseaudio-hsphfpd, pulseaudio-dummy, pulseaudio-nosystemd-git, pulseaudio-nosystemd-minimal-git, pipewire-pulse-git, pipewire-common-pulse-git, pulseaudio-git, pipewire-full-pulse-git, pipewire-pulse)(optional) – Audio support
- speech-dispatcher(speech-dispatcher-git)(optional) – Text-to-Speech
cysp74 commented on 2021-02-27 18:53
I've made some checks and lowered 'security.sandbox.content.level' to 1 (default is 4). Perhaps a bit better approach, instead of disabling completely sandbox.
figue commented on 2020-09-29 22:37
@Terrorizer patch process can take a long time, depending on your machine capacity.
Good news is that IceCat was added to Chaotic repo recently:
figue commented on 2021-04-21 18:21
cysp74 commented on 2021-04-21 17:14
@figue: Compilation passed w/ new patch on my end. - just a sidenote... :) Permission issue still exists.
figue commented on 2021-04-21 14:48
@Ningen see 9f7712c17cd7
I could write a patch to use perl-rename from [extra]... Will try to push it upstream (I'm not sure if it will be accepted).
figue commented on 2021-04-21 10:43
@Ningen there are different packages. Nothing I can do. Maybe if you have time you can make a pull request upstream to detect perl-rename in extra and use it. It should not be complicated. If I remember well, now makeicecat has functions for this stuff.
figue commented on 2021-04-21 09:25
Ningen commented on 2021-04-21 08:58
perl-rename (https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/perl-rename/) got updated recently on the official repos, maybe perl-file-rename in the AUR is not needed anymore? I tried to build without perl-file-rename by removing it in the PKGBUILD but for some reason when it defaults to the makeicecat script it thinks I do not have perl-rename installed, which I do.
Could you take a look at this on the next update?
Icecat For Windows
figue commented on 2021-04-20 16:51
@cysp74 mozilla-common only had this:
I'm not sure why you have this permissions... Let me check.
cysp74 commented on 2021-04-20 11:16
@figue Since last commit, wrong permissions applied during package installation and placing non executable binaries, libs, etc. under /usr/lib
Looks like install commands at package() section have misconfigured permissions don't know mozilla-commons package how impacted this....
Snippet of tar install package:
figue commented on 2021-04-19 21:38
@nophke thanks, that package was not a real dependency anymore. I have fixed in last commit.
nophke commented on 2021-04-18 21:37
This can't be build because mozilla-common does not exist anymore!