STARZ official website containing schedules, original content, movie information, On Demand, STARZ Play and extras, online video and more. Featuring new hit original series The Rook, Sweetbitter, Power, The Spanish Princess, Vida, Outlander, Wrong Man, American Gods, Now Apocalypse as well as Warriors of Liberty City, America to Me, Ash vs Evil Dead, Black Sails, Survivor's Remorse, The. At Stars Drive-in the Joys of Auto-Dining are endless. For example, you can’t call shotgun on a dining table! Sitting in the privacy of your own car with friends and family, talking, listening to your own music or just chilling out while enjoying some of your favorite food is what Stars is all about.Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
- Start your free trial now. Designed to be the ultimate fan experience, the STARZ app lets you download full movies and shows and watch them off-line, anytime, anywhere. That’s premium entertainment you can take with you, at an unbeatable price. If you’re already a STARZ subscriber through a TV provider, you can download the app right now and enjoy at no additional charge through your TV.
- Giant stars are late-stage stars, destined to die shortly in supernovae or planetary nebulae. The Egg Nebula, as imaged here by Hubble, is a preplanetary nebula, as its outer layers have not yet.
Stars Classroom Nyc Login
- The dipper burned like a strand of diamonds on a sable cloak —Joseph Wambaugh
- The divisions between the rings [of Saturn] are furrows in which the satellites rotate … like sheepdogs running around the flock to keep it compact —Italo Calvino
- The evening star flickered like a lamp just lit —Willa Cather
- In the dark vault of the sky, the stars hung like muted dots of leaden silver —Heinrich Böll
This lovely simile is the first sentence of Böll’s short story, The Ration Runners.
- Jupiter displays two equatorial stripes like a scarf decorated with interwoven embroideries —Italo Calvino
- A lovely star … large as the full moon —Jaroslav Seifert
- The Milky Way stands out so clearly that it looks as if it had been polished and rubbed over for the holidays —Anton Chekhov
- A star as bright as day —Anon Christmas ballad, probably dating to Middle Ages
- Starlight fell like rain —F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Stars are dropping thick as stones —Sylvia Plath
- (Tonight) the stars are like a crowd of faces moving round the sky —Wallace Stevens
- The stars burned steadily, like the lights of far-off ships —Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- The stars clung like snow crystals in the black sky —Ross Macdonald
- Stars … cold, like pieces of ice —Paige Mitchell
- Stars … dissolved like bubbles —Katherine Mansfield
The simile in full context: “In the sky some tiny stars floated for a moment and then they were gone —they were dissolved like bubbles.”
See Also: DISINTEGRATION
- Stars gleamed and winked like searching fireflies —Robert Traver
- Stars … huge, like daisies —May Sarton
- Stars large as asters —Mary Stewart
- Stars … like countless diamond lamps —Hans Christian Andersen
- (At night) stars rise like the bubbles of the drowned —Yehuda Amichai
- The stars seemed to look down like a thousand winking eyes —William Humphrey
- The stars which at midnight looked like a spillway of broken pearls, did not shine at this hour; they were holes of light, like eye squints in black masks —Paul Theroux
- Twinkle, twinkle, little star how I wonder what you are, up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky —Anne Taylor
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
Link to this page:
The Standard Terminal Automation Replacement System (STARS) is an air traffic control automation system manufactured by Raytheon and is currently being used in many TRACONs around the United States by the FAA. STARS replaced the Automated Radar Terminal System (ARTS) at FAA air traffic control facilities across the US, as well as the previous automation systems employed by the DoD.
The STARS system receives and processes target reports, weather, and other non-target messages from both terminal and en route digital sensors. Additionally, it automatically tracks primary and secondary surveillance targets and provides aircraft position information to the enhanced traffic management system (ETMS). Finally, it also detects unsafe proximities between tracked aircraft pairs and provides a warning if tracked aircraft are detected at a dangerously low altitude. Additional features include converging runway display aid (CRDA) which displays 'ghost' targets as an aid to controllers attempting to tightly space aircraft to converging/crossing runways in the terminal environment.
The system is currently being used at all TRACON sites throughout the US and USAF RAPCON, USN RATCF and USA ARAC terminal facilities.
STARS was installed as part of the FAA's TAMR project to replace the aging/obsolete ARTS hardware and software at TRACONS. TAMR Segment 3 Phase 1 replaced the 11 largest TRACONS CARTS with STARS. The smaller ARTS IIA sites transitioned to the STARS ELITE (Enhanced Local Integrated Tower Equipment) version of software and hardware, which is similar to TAMR, but with minimum redundancy. The FAA plans to completed this process in 2019.